Cal Ripken, Jr., Bill Ripken and Jennie Finch to Headline 2017 Week-Long Tournaments
by Ripken Baseball
We're excited to announce our celebrity ambassador speaker series lineup for the 2017 tournament season at The Ripken Experience. The Ripken Baseball tournament ambassador series will offer week-long participants the opportunity to meet baseball and softball legends, including Cal Ripken, Bill Ripken and Jennie Finch, and hear stories and life lessons based on their professional experiences.
“We are so grateful and excited to have an iconic group of respected veterans serve as our tournament ambassadors this season,” said John Bramlette, Ripken Baseball Executive Vice President of Amateur Baseball. “Any chance to learn from legends of the game is a big league opportunity for the kids, coaches and their families.”
In addition to the Ripken brothers and Finch, Big League notables slated to make an appearances one or more complexes this summer include Baseball Hall of Famers Eddie Murray and Roberto Alomar, in addition to 3x World Series champion Tim Raines and 5x Gold Glover Dale Murphy. U.S. Gold Medalist Jennie Finch will work closely with youth softball participants at The Ripken Experience Myrtle Beach in July.
The Ripken Experience Aberdeen Powered By Under Armour Complex, Maryland
- July 9: Blue Crab Tournament (11u / 12u / 13u) – BILL RIPKEN
- July 12: Blue Crab Tournament (11u / 12u / 13u) – CAL RIPKEN, JR.
The Ripken Experience Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- June 18: Summer Slam Tournament (10u / 12u / 13u / 14u) – BILL RIPKEN
- June 25: Beach Blast Tournament (11u / 12u / 14u) – EDDIE MURRAY
- July 2: Tidal Wave Tournament (9u / 11u / 12u / 13u / 17u-19u) – CAL RIPKEN, JR.
- July 9: Surf’s Up Tournament (12u / 14u / 16u) – DALE MURPHY
- July 16: Big Kahuna Tournament (10u / 12u) – TIM RAINES
- July 23: Throw Like a Girl Tournament (12u / 14u / 16u-18u) – JENNIE FINCH
- August 6: Hang Ten Tournament (11u / 12u / 13u / 14u) – ROBERTO ALOMAR
The Ripken Experience Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- June 12: Smoky Mountain Tournament (10u / 12u) – BILL RIPKEN
- June 19: Iron Forge Tournament (11u / 12u) – ROBERTO ALOMAR
- June 26: Eight-State Tournament (10u) – EDDIE MURRAY
- July 10: Volunteer Tournament (10u / 12u) – DALE MURPHY
- July 17: Gold Rush Tournament (11u / 12u) – TIM RAINES
- July 24: Big Orange Tournament (11u / 12u) – CAL RIPKEN, JR.